! COVID-19 Update
Coast Mountain Guides is a collective of local guides with the common goal to explore and share safe experiences with you in the mountains. Our winter season was heading to be our best so far with many guest and students happy to join us in what was an epic ski season with many memorable days across the sea to sky region before we took the decisions like many others in our industry to shut down due to covid-19 pandemic.
Since then we have been working and thinking hard on how to return to normal guiding operations in anticipation for phase 3 to begin June 1st, when most BC parks reopens and overnight camping will be allowed. We will begin rock climbing and mountaineering course and also private guiding base on the restrictions and guidance from the Health officials, WCB and guiding associations.
Here’s our COVID-19 Plan:
Daily operations under COVID-19
- Guest and students will be screened for symptoms and “only” from the province at this time until borders are reopened and non-essential travels are allowed further then locally.
- Guides will be monitored for covid symptoms, must feel well and not have traveled outside the province in past 2 weeks. Hand wash before you arrive at work or guest meeting place
- Guides and Guest to promote social distancing of 2m apart when ever possible
- Guides to provide hand sanitizer and washing station to guest upon arrival (small plastic tub, soap and water) with brown paper towel to dry
- Guides to wear protective mask and gloves PPE when working in close proximity, less then 2m, i.e. multi-pitch belays or while driving to trail heads in company trucks
- All guiding equipment that was shared or used by more then one person to be washed and put in 72hour quarantine
- Guides and operation to keep daily records of all guest and students attendance to facilitate any case tracing or health investigations
Stay safe and lets go Climb!